- The competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland except employees the Regional Waste Management Offices and The Rediscovery Centre and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- Entrants shall be fully responsible for all costs incurred in connection with their application.
- The competition is open between 5th July 2021 and 15th October 2021. Entries submitted after the closing date will not be included.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- By participating in the Upcycle Challenge 2021, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- Only entries submitted through www.mywaste.ie and in accordance with the directions outlined for the competition will be eligible.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available on www.mywaste.ie
- More than one entry from a person is welcomed; however, a new application form must be completed for each entry submitted.
- Entries of the same item cannot be placed in multiple categories.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The Upcycle Challenge 2021 is not liable for any loss, damage or injury that might occur to the entrants or winners resulting from their taking part in the competition or acceptance of the promotion or prize.
- Entries may be requested to become part of an exhibition in one of Ireland’s galleries or museums for a fixed period.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The Upcycle Challenge 2021 reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants by The Upcycle Challenge 2021 Team via contact emails connected to entry forms.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The Upcycle Challenge 2021 accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this competition.
- The prizes are as follows:
- €750 from each waste region [CUR, EMWR, SR]
- €750 for the EPA special prize
- Entries focused on plastic will be considered
- €750 for Community Groups
- This is open to groups such as Mens Sheds, Tidy Towns, ICA etc.
- €750 for Schools
- This does not include individual entrants, entry is made on behalf of the school, the prizes is awarded to the school
- €750 for The Professionals
- This category is open to those who have made upcycling more than a hobby
- €750 for The Public Vote
- The judging panel will choose three entries from across all categories. The public vote will be conducted via the MyWaste social channels, the entry with the highest public votes is selected as the winner.
**The prizes are as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Prizes may be shared where it is deemed that there should be more than one winner in a particular category / cannot separate the top winners i.e. two winners from one region, two winners from special category**
a. Winners will be chosen from all entries received and verified by the Upcycle Challenge Team. Judging of the competition entries will take place in November after the closing date (15th October). All decisions made by the judging panel are final; no correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
b. The winners will be contacted directly by phone or email. The winner will be notified within 2 weeks of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 1 week of notification, The Upcycle Challenge 2021 reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick an alternative winner.
c. Unsuccessful entries will not be contacted regarding the outcome of the competition.
d. Successful entrants will be notified on Friday 5th November. The Awards presentation ceremony will take place during the European Week for Waste Reduction, 20th to 28th of November 2021. A physical Awards Ceremony will be Covid permitting.
e. The Upcycle Challenge 2021 reserves the right to draw an alternative winner in the event that we believe that any winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
f. The Upcycle Challenge 2021’s decisions in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
g. By participating in the Upcycle Challenge 2021, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Participation in the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
h. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
i. You are providing your information to The Upcycle Challenge 2021 Team and those involved in the competition for administration and judging of the competition. The winners’ names will be published online on www.mywaste.ie, winners will also be highlighted across MyWaste's social media channels.
j. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.